This episode is like a documentary featuring Golden Bomber’s road to stardom.
I believe AKB48 was featured on this program after they won the Japan Record Awards with “Flying Get”. But Golden Bomber takes it to a higher level since all they’ve done so far was to top the Oricon weekly charts with “Dance My Generation”. With their exploding popularity, will we see them take one of the top spots in Oricon’s best selling singles of the year?
The documentary basically lists some fun facts about Golden Bomber.
1. Darvish Kenji was actually recruited into the group because he was not just comfortable with getting naked infront of an audience – he was actually confident! Hearing this, the other members had no other choice but him!
2. Their song “Memeshikute” was picked to be the bgm of a CM. From then it became a big hit, but when the song was first revealed, Yutaka Kyan thought it was lousy and wouldn’t sell. (But he confessed later he didn’t have any talent in music.) =)
3. They made their debut on TV by appearing on Hanamaru Market in Jan 2011 to perform Memeshikute. They were a fresh group because of their air band concept, and their ability to invoke laughter on variety shows (despite being a visual kei band) made them even more popular.
4. They have done 100+ different performances with their songs, and this was the key to their popularity. One performance in particular required Kyan to get a welding license so he could weld metal on stage. It was a meaningless stunt, but funny all the same.
5. Kiryuin Sho’s inspiration for combining music with performance came from his ex-girlfriend, who was actually deaf. Even though she couldn’t hear music, she had enjoyed it by looking at the performances instead. Kiryuin Sho also mentioned that his greatest joy comes from seeing the audience enjoy his songs and stunts that he and his bandmates have thought up, so this style would be their band’s style moving forward.