Sales started for Takahashi Minami’s solo debut single “Jane Doe” yesterday and Takamina ended up ranking 2nd behind EXILE’s “Konna Sekai Aisuru Tame”on the Oricon Daily Sales Chart.
Below are figures for her 1st day sales, in comparison with other solo debut sales from AKB48:
1. Maeda Atsuko: Flower 102, 483
2. Itano Tomomi: Dear J 86,681
3. Sashihara Rino: Sore Demo Suki Da Yo 56,879
4. Watanabe Mayu: Sunchro Tokimeki 50,145
5. Takahashi Minami: Jane Doe 45,645
6. Kashiwagi Yuki: Shortcake 45,333
7. Kasai Tomomi: Masaka 12,240
I honestly thought she’d do better since she is under Universal Music and has better vocals among all the solo debuts in AKB.
But i guess popularity really makes a difference.
Ending off with a live performance of “Jane Doe” from Music Japan!