Akanishi Jin, who has been sidelined by his agency since marrying actress Kuroki Meisa last year, is finally restarting his activities as a singer after 1.5 years. According to a joint statement by Johnny’s Associates and Warner Music, he will be releasing a new single on 7th Aug. Titled “Hey what’s up?”, it is a up tempo dance number which he composed and wrote lyrics for.
Akanishi commented, “I never stopped making songs even during the hiatus, and I was longing for this day to come. I hope fans who waited for my comeback for a long time will be happy with it“.
Some background info about him:
– First guy in Johnny’s to quit his group(KAT-TUN) to go solo
– Loves american culture, made a U.S debut in 2011
– Married Kuroki Meisa secretly after she became pregnant in Feb 2012. His agency was infuriated and froze all his activities.
– Rumors say Johnny’s talents have been ordered to stay away from Jin, but his close buddies continue to go clubbing with him.
– Is basically a stay-at-home dad while Meisa continues working as an actress.