The AKB48 2015 Senbatsu Sousenkyo was held on 6th June 2015 and the final results are below. I have translated speeches from the upper-ranked girls. If you are looking for the full sousenkyo streaming links, you may wish to check out this channel.
1.HKT48 Sashihara Rino (194,049 votes): I did not think that i’d be able to see this scene again. I am a special presence in AKB Group. I thought that i was a average cute girl when i was a schoolgirl in Oita. However in AKB, i couldn’t become a center and thought about how to become one like Maeda Atsuko and Oshima Yuko.I couldn’t make it. I decided to be Sashihara Rino. I’m ugly and flat chested, nothing is good about me. I got No.1 for helming HKT after being in a scandal. Instead i wanted to be recognised as Sashihara Rino.
There are lots of cute girls in AKB Group. But i was able to win No.1 as a girl without confidence. Everyone in Japan who is like me, whether you are bullied, withdrawn, or caused your parents to worry, when your day doesn’t seem to be working out, please be reminded that a girl like me got No.1 again. It is not a miracle, it is the reward for working hard for the past year.
I am the outcast. I was not the chosen one. Those like me, please be inspired by my ranking and turn it into your confidence. I also want to become the power for everyone.
2. AKB48 Kashiwagi Yuki (167,183 votes): This year is my first time aiming for No.1. Unfortunately, i was unable to see this come true. But from now on i will not shy away from things. Takamina’s graduation is coming soon and her absence will be felt. I will support every member in AKB48 Group and grow this group. I will be doing my concurrency with NGT this autumn. I will make it a success.Please support me!
3. AKB48 Watanabe Mayu (165,789 votes): Last year, i had almost 160k votes. This time round i surpassed 160k. I’m already very honoured and thankful. Compared to Takamina san and Maeda san’s touching scene, my appearance may seem very boring.*laughs from commentators*
Last year i got No.1 and received a warm Mayuyu call. Even up till now, i can’t forget that scene. It is my lifelong treasure. I was first last year so looking at the situation i was aiming for a higher position this time – straight win, but since no one has achieved that in the history of AKB, once again i feel the difficulties of realising it. Even though i feel regretful, i am also thankful to the people who have supported me. Even though i wanted a straight win, i had a feeling that it’d be difficult, so i can’t do anything about it. *laughs from commentators*
I’m 3rd, but i won’t be satisfied with things are. As i hate losing, i will work hard and aim higher. So..there’s no more time left? *looks to the MC* Thank you very much!
4. AKB48 Takahashi Minami(137,252 votes): This is my last Sousenkyo. I’ve sent off many members being a first generation myself.During the first year as a member of this group, i realised something. I’m most ill-fitted for this group. There was Maeda Atsuko and Oshima Yuko. They were so popular and charismatic. I wanted to be a singer at first, took alot of auditions but the first group to accept me was AKB. I turned into an idol. I didn’t know how to be cute and gain popularity,but i grew to love this group and wanted to work hard. Gradually I became the General Manager. Then came Sousenkyo. I thought that i shouldn’t aim for No.1. as I was looking out for the future of AKB, thinking about who should be the next center. My aspirations took a backseat, but every member here should be thinking the same thing– to be No.1 . This year’s the first time i wanted to aim for No.1. Even though i didn’t realise this dream, i am very happy from the bottom of my heart.
I thought about what words i should leave in my last Sousenkyo. If you don’t work hard, there is no future. The fans are definitely watching, don’t give up. Hard work will definitely be rewarded, i will prove it to you in future.
-Maeda Atsuko to present her with a bouquet of flowers-
5. SKE48 Matsui Jurina (105,289 votes): Indeed i am still not good enough? *sobs* I wanted to protect this group after Maeda Atsuko, Oshima Yuko, Sashihara Rino and Watanabe Mayu. I entered SKE at the age of 11 and met alot of seniors. Now that I have gotten alot of juniors, so i wanted to stand out and show them there’s someone who they can depend on. I feel really regretful.
6. NMB48 Yamamoto Sayaka (97,866 votes): I got about 60k votes last year, my rank is the same but my votes have increased alot. I feel that the love from fans have deepened, thank you very much.My jobscope increased alot after last year. More people in the streets have recognized me. However, they call me AKB48’s Yamamoto, or NBA’s …i feel like NMB’s existence is not felt yet. That is very regretful. *Goes on to promote NMB*
7. HKT48 Miyawaki Sakura(81,422 votes): Last year i got 11th and was able to enter senbatsu. Thanks to that my dreams have increased. However the speed of my climb is so fast. Even though i caught up, seeing my seniors who are shining brightly all the time, i started to feel my own uselessness.I am troubled, but i don’t know what i’m worrying about. My trips to Tokyo have increased and i’m always by myself. But seeing the fans in this Sousenkyo, once again i feel that you are also with me. HKT48 has been walking on the path that AKB48 opened. It was very fun so far, but we have to stop relying on them.We would like to walk on the path that we create for ourselves.Next year, i want to sit on the throne, i want to show everyone a new AKB.It may be rude of me to say this, but i want to crush AKB! To start things afresh you have to demolish it first, from now i’ll think of my deficiencies and move forward slowly.
8. SNH48/SKE48 Miyazawa Sae (75,495 votes): For this year, i wished for a ranking that can surpass my previous results. This has come true today! I decided to go to Shanghai about 3 years ago. One of the reasons was because i couldn’t surpass the wall that i’d come to face in Sousenkyo. I’m very happy to have overcome it today. 2 years ago, i proudly said that i’d never lose to my juniors in performance. Recently, listening to my juniors, i feel their power. I will never say something like that again.I’m able to perform on stage and in Shanghai because of SKE. Thank you to everyone there.
9. AKB48 Shimazaki Haruka (73,803 votes): *cries* Everyone says i have bad attitude, but i feel thankful for the votes, even though i am not the sort meant to be an idol. I want to pay back everyone.I can’t continue like this, so i will lend the power of my seniors and work together with Yui to bring about the 2nd chapter of AKB. My ranking has dropped so saying this is somewhat…but everyone pls lend some power to members of my generation. I’ve talked way longer than last year, so i will end my speech now.
10. AKB48 Yokoyama Yui (63,414 votes): I was ranked 20th during the prelims. As the next General Manager of the group, i felt really useless. But again, i feel everyone’s support during Sousenkyo. *spends long time at a loss of words* I will work hard with everyone to continue AKB48’s legacy into the next 5,10, or even 100 years. *grows longwinded and Takamina shouts for her to stop*
11. NGT48 Kitahara Rie (61,566 votes): I returned after 2 years! This is my highest ranking in the history of Sousenkyo.I think i can hold my head high now and head towards Niigata. I hope my fans will follow me and i hope the people of Niigata will wait for me. I will not embarrass you with my future activities. Finally, please don’t cover my speech with CMs!
12. NMB48 Watanabe Miyuki (55,750 votes): Seeing my rival Sayanee moving on all the time, i wondered if i can no longer keep up. But my fans are always here for me. Last year, I won Janken and was able to move forward bit by bit. There are lots more NMB members worth watching. To all the fans, i will shoulder NMB and fight. In a change of topic, my grandmother and mother are here watching today. Today i will treat my family to dinner. Thanks to my family and fans for always supporting me.
13. SKE48 Matsumura Kaori(53,667 votes): I’ve finally entered senbatsu! I’ve been balding all these time! I went through treatment and now i’ve recovered. I have a cap on so you can’t see it. Thank you very much! (*commentators are like @#$@%!) As Takamina said, hard work will be rewarded.Even though she’s always teased for it, i believe in this phrase. As the oldest member in SKE, i want to work harder.
14. SKE48 Takayanagi Akane(52,609 votes): I’ve been in SKE48’s senbatsu for a long time, but my position in formation is dropping all the time. I understand i have to support the younger generations, but i’ve always felt regretful. Fans are worried i will graduate, but i can say with a smile now that i’ve entered senbatsu? My mum was always worried about my camera time on music shows. This time can i’m glad that i’ve offered some sort of filial piety?
15. SKE48 Shibata Aya(49,199 votes): The SKE48 i’m in is the best idol group. As long as i’m around, i will work hard to help you discover SKE members.This year, i will work hard to reduce my stare when the camera points at me.
16. AKB48 Muto Tomu(44,637 votes): I’m very happy. People thought i’d quit first among my generation. But i climbed my way slowly into Senbatsu. The Sousenkyo is a chance for my name to be remembered once a year.This position is very special to me. I still feel uncomfortable in this position, but i feel relieved knowing fans will follow me.
17. HKT48 Kodama Haruka(43,985 votes):I wanted to rank in senbatsu and sing alongside Sakura and Sasshi. But my rank has gone up from last year, so i am very thankful. When i first entered HKT, i was chosen as the center. By the time it came to our debut single, another member was chosen as center. I thought i didn’t have it in me to support the group. I worked with the name of ex-center in my heart. Last year i was chosen as center for the 4th single. I was so happy, and wanted to lead the group next with my head held high. I love my hometown Fukuoka, so my love for Hakata will never lose to others. I want to aim higher so i can enter senbatsu next time.
18. SKE48 Suda Akari(43,665 votes): I looked forward to this day.I couldn’t protect my position this year. For sure, I thought, fans would put me in senbatsu, would continue to look at me wherever i go, but apparently I didn’t put in enough hard work. I had always worked my hardest, though there has been times when i had reached my limits. I wanted to see your smiles and i didn’t want to disappoint. But in the midst of it i must have forgotten how to enjoy myself. I knew that is most important for an idol, but because i didn’t do it, my rank dropped. From now on, as long as there are fans who follow me, i will change everything into smiles.Thank you very much.
19. AKB48 Minegishi Minami (35,506 votes):I have entered AKB for the 10th year now and received many chances. I have missed many chances as well and my fault resulted in me dropping out of Senbatsu. The cost – my fans’ happiness and lesser chances to work with Takamina who is graduating this year and Kojiharu whose graduation decision is unclear. Actually, i wanted to work in the frontline of AKB for even 1 second longer. This time i couldn’t reach my goal of Senbatsu, but i will work harder.
20. SKE48 Oya Masana 30,021 votes
21. HKT48 Tomonaga Mio 28,197 votes
22. AKB48 Kizaki Yuria 26,994 votes
23. SKE48 Tani Marika 26,051 votes
24. SKE48 Furuhata Nao 25,650 votes
25.AKB48 Takahashi Juri 25,421 votes
26. AKB48 Kojima Mako 25,110 votes
27. SKE48 Oba Mina 24,708 votes
28. AKB48 Kato Rena 24,569 votes
29. AKB48 Okada Nana 23,237 votes
30. AKB48 Takajo Aki 22,502 votes
31. HKT48 Fuchigami Mai 22,487 votes
32. HKT48 Tashima Meru 22,191 votes
33. HKT48 Anai Chihiro
34. NMB48 Shiroma Miru
35. NMB48 Fujie Reina
36. NMB48 Jonishi Kei
37. HKT48 Sakaguchi Riko
38. SKE48 Futamura Haruka
39. AKB48 Uchiyama Natsuki
40. NMB48 Yagura Fuuko
41. HKT48 Ota Aika
42. HKT48 Okada Kanna
43. HKT48 Moriyasu Madoka
44. AKB48 Mukaichi Mion
45. SKE48 Miyamae Ami
46. HKT48 Kojina Yui
47. AKB48 Tano Yuuka
48. SKE48 Kimoto Kanon
49. SKE48 Sato Sumire: I hope my ranking will give the mid generation members some hope. I may be transferred again, but no matter where go, i’ll work hard!
50. AKB48 Sasaki Yukari
51. HKT48 Matsuoka Natsumi
52. SKE48 Goto Risako
53. SKE48 Isohara Kyoka
54. NMB48 Kotani Riho
55. SKE48 Souda Sarina
56. NMB48 Umeda Ayaka
57. AKB48 Mogi Shinobu
58. NMB48 Shibuya Nagisa
59. NMB48 Kato Yuuka
60. NMB48 Yabushita Shu
61. SKE48 Azuma Rion
62. SKE48 Kato Rumi
63. SKE48 Yamaguchi Suzuran
64. NMB48 Yoshida Akari
65. SKE48 Saito Makiko
66. SKE48 Kitagawa Ryoha
67. AKB48 Omori Miyu
68. SKE48 Umemoto Madoka
69. AKB48 Nagao Mariya
70. SKE48 Kamata Natsuki
71. AKB48 Ishida Haruka
72. HKT48 Ueki Nao
73. SKE48 Kumazaki Haruka
74. NMB48 Tanigawa Airi
75. AKB48 Owada Nana
76. SKE48 Takeuchi Mai
77. SKE48 Ishida Anna
78. AKB48 Shinozaki Ayana
79. NMB48 Ichikawa Miori
80. HKT48 Motomura Aoi